Re: [g-a-devel]Re: some comments about at-poke

On Tue, 2002-05-21 at 16:57, Jonathan Blandford wrote:
> > 	This is a 'feature' of GtkTree, essentially we need to cache the stuff
> > locally for speed.
>
> This is to allow prelighting of nodes, should they desire.  You prolly
> do want a local cache of the visible stuff.

	Heh - a bit unkind to call it a "'feature'" - indeed doing a lot of
(possibly re-enterant) CORBA roundtrip per get_path, iter_next etc. is
hammering GtkTree rather more than I imagine it was expected to be, and
it does pretty well really.

> > 	Hard to do; what do you suggest ? colouring rows in the GtkTreeView is
> > not possible AFAIK, Jonathan ?
>
> You can color the foreground of the color of a text row with stock GTK
> 2.0, and can use egg-cell-renderer-text to color the background if need
> be.  In GTK 2.2, coloring the bg in the text renderer should just work.

	Oh - interesting, we can try and colour rows foreground to denote focus
and for various other interesting things; good.

	Thanks,

		Michael.