Re: [g-a-devel]accessibility detective - new project proposal

On Sat, 2003-10-04 at 01:37, David Bolter wrote:
> Any interest (and available resources) in having a automated report
> generator that walks the GUI tree of an application and takes guesses at
> things that are bad for accessibility?  The report could then be used by
> application developers. Applications that pass the test could be awarded
> some designation/logo/?

I would be very interested in helping out with this. It sounds like it
could be quite fiddly, but rewarding. And I need to learn more about the
fine details of this accessibility stuff -- I've been nipping around the
edges for too long with little success.

I know Michael Meeks has had an item like this on his public TODO list
for a long time, so we might at least make him happy. :-)

Are you offering to lead the way with a shining light, David?

Let me know how you want to do things and I'll see what I can
contribute.

Cheers,
Malcolm