Re: gnome-mag, gnome-speech and gnopernicus : The same compil error !

Hi Nath,

On Sat, 2002-08-31 at 23:15, Nath wrote:
> always in the process of building. And for the moment still with Gnome2
> built from Garnome !

	Your patience is most laudable; thanks for helping everyone get this
right.

>  I have had developpment packages such as gnome-common,
> intltool and some other and now here are the errors I obtained when running
> ./autogen.sh --prefix=/opt/gnome2 in my gnome-mag directory :

	Right.

> ./autogen.sh --prefix=/opt/gnome2/
> processing .
> Running intltoolize...
> grep: po/Makefile.in.in: No such file or directory
> grep: po/Makefile.in.in: No such file or directory
> grep: po/Makefile.in.in: No such file or directory
> grep: po/Makefile.in.in: No such file or directory
> patch: **** Can't find file po/Makefile.in.in : No such file or directory

	Ok; this just means we don't have a po/ directory; which means no i18n
of gnome-mag, which is hardly a large blow; since it's only used for the
.server file which has only very seldomly read strings in it.

	Kenneth, can you expand on whether intltool now works without a po/
directory ? and/or what the state of that is ? and/or whether you can
fix-up gnome-mag. It'd be great if you could add a po/ directory and
whatever is necessary to gnome-mag.

	Ok; as for the rest of the trace:

> Running aclocal -I /opt/gnome2/share/aclocal/gnome2-macros -I
> /opt/gnome2/share/aclocal ...
> aclocal: /opt/gnome2/share/aclocal/audiofile.m4: 12: duplicated macro
> `AM_PATH_AUDIOFILE'

	As soon as you get a warning like this - the build will fail; it
doesn't tell you that, and it shouldn't fail :-) but aclocal does that
these days. So you need to fix these first.

> aclocal: /opt/gnome2/share/aclocal/esd.m4: 10: duplicated macro
> `AM_PATH_ESD'

	The easy way to do that is be deleting each of these paths:
/opt/gnome2/share/aclocal/esd.m4 - since you have the same m4 file
installed in /usr/share/aclocal -  since you have esd's development
stuff already on your machine. Not a problem, I have to do that all the
time.

> If I try to build gnome-speech or Gnopernicus, I obtain the same errors.

	It's the macros; delete just the ones that are mentioned :-)

> Nath, who perhaps will succeed in building these things one day !!!

	:-) and better, we'll succeed in doing a good job of packaging them too
one day; and then life will be good.

	Thanks again,

		Michael.