Re: How to change Gnopernicus settings ?

Hi Adi and all,

First thanks Adi for your help.
This message to give you the news of the day.
First I want to say that I don't work on Solaris OS. My linux distribution
is the Debian Woody.
As you told me Adi I gave the good rights for the serial port and now
braille works ok. But I encounter the same problem as I have with speech :
when I  press keys in order to go through the items on the screen
sometimes I obtain speech and braille feedback and sometimes nothing
happens.  Perhaps this problem  doesn't occur on another machine. actually
I test things on a laptop . Then I'm going to install all the things on a
desktop system in order to see if it will give a better result. I'll keep
you informed about the new results.

Regards,

--
Nath

On 17/09/02 at 15:10 Adi Dascal wrote:

>Hi Nath,
>
>First of all thank you for testing our application. We really apreciate
>your
>help and interest.
>Regarding your problems, please look in the body of the mail.
>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> It's me again with another question.
>> I don't succeed in changing speech or braille settings using the
>> Gnopernicus menu. Is it normal or do you think it's a problem in my
>> configuration ?
>

>Some of the GUI's features are not connected yet and for others we don't
>have
>the functionality implemented, yet.
>The following list shows GUI's option to configure gnopernicus.
>
>X- marks what works in the current stage
>
>Gnopi Options			Works
>=============			=====
>1.General Settings
>- Braille		 		X
>- Magnifier			X
>- Speech		 	X
>
>2.Speech settings
>-Source
>-Volume
>-Priority
>-Rate
>-Pitch
>-Preempt
>
>3.Braille settings
>3.1 Braille Device
>    - Device			X
>    - Port
>3.2 Transaltion Table
>3.3 Cursor settings
>3.4 Attribute settings
>3.5 Braille fill char
>3.6 Status cells
>3.7 Position sensors		X
>3.8 Optical sensors		X
>
>4.Magnifier settings
>
>5.Keyboard settings
>- Mode				X
>- Delay Time			X
>- Key Categories			X
>
>6.User properties
>
>7.Help
>
>8.Load default settings
>- Load Default Braille		X
>- Load Default Speech		X
>- Load Default Magnifier
>- Load Default Keyboard		X
>- Load Default General		X
>- Load Default All		X (without the magnifier settings)
>
>9.Minimize menu			X
>
>0.Exit				X
>Note : You can find this information in the README file of gnopernicus. (
>in
>the source tree) togher with other status related description.
>You can also find information on
>
>	http://www.baum.ro/gnopernicus.html
>
>but here the information must to be updated. (will do this soon).
>
>> I test with Festival and a Vario 40 braille terminal.  Festival rate for
>> example is very fast and for me (french) I don't understand what it
says)
>> then i would like to slow down the rate . I indicate for example 5 for
>the
>> rate but even when i restart al the things with a new "startx" Festival
> [...]

Etudiant: Wanadoo t'offre le Pack eXtense Haut Débit soit 150,92 euros d'économies !
Et pour 1 euro de plus, reçois le CD-ROM du jeu Dark Age of Camelot
+ 1 mois de jeu en réseau offert !
Clique ici : http://www.ifrance.com/_reloc/mail.etudiant