INKA braille display driver for Brltty and Gnopernicus

This is a topic that has been discussed before, both in private e-mail
and on the mailing list, and I think it is quite reasonable to raise
it again now that Gnopernicus and Brltty are working together, both at
a software level and at the level of the developers.

My main question is how a driver for the INKA display can be added to
both Brltty and Gnopernicus, with minimal effort, and preferably
without requiring two separate driver implementations at least to the
extent that it is feasible to share code.

I know that a "native-mode" driver for Baum displays is already
included in the Gnopernicus sources, and that it supports the Vario
displays (there is some mention of DM80 and INKA in the source code,
as I recall, but I don't know how complete the support is).

Brltty, as I understand it, supports Baum Vario displays under
emulation mode, but not, as yet, the native protocol.

My INKA display (which doesn't support any kind of emulation) has had
its firmware updated to support a 19200 baud? conventional serial
protocol.

On the practical side, I expect to be fairly busy over the next
several months but may have time toward the end of the year to
participate in driver writing (in which I don't have any experience,
admittedly, though I do know C).

I will also have time at that stage to carry out testing.