Re: Please, help!!!

On Fri, 2003-01-24 at 13:14, Bill Haneman wrote:
> By the way, there seems to be a problem at the moment with gnopernicus
> where it looks only for the ViaVoice driver by default.  Unless there's
> an easy workaround or you have viavoice installed, you might have
> trouble until that's fixed.

	Works for me ... I imagine there's a gconftool-2 command line that
might fix this as well without using the GUI. In fact, looking at the
gconf settings I find a whole load of functionality I didn't even know
was in gnopernicus - and which rocks ;-) good stuff...

	It'd perhaps be worthwhile when gnopernicus' gconf usage has calmed
down, to get some basic console app (python script or something) to let
people do the basic gnopernicus configuration from the console that
(presumably) they're most comfortable with - before running it for the
first time.

	Thomas - you're also likely to have issues with bonobo-activation not
being able to find components installed to ~/gnome-2.0/foo - thus you
need to either edit
/etc/bonobo-activation/bonobo-activation-config.xml adding a new search
path; or ensure that GNOME2_PATH is set, well before you start the
bonobo-activation daemon.

	Regards,

		Michael.