help with mozilla please

Hi all
I'm trying to get mozilla working. First, I tried the accessibility binaries, for some reason, they wouldn't speak at all.
So now I've got the 1.4b release, compiled using GTK2 and with accessibility features enabled. Mozilla starts up fine and
begins speaking. The menu bar works well. However, as soon as I start pressing tab to move through the links, it crashes.
There's no output on why the crash occurred, not even on the console where I started X. I'm simply dropped back to the
desktop. This happens every time I try. Does anyone know what's going on?