It works!

I finally got Gnopernicus going with the Dectalk driver.  Apparently, part
of the problem is that the accessibility key somehow got set back to false
when I re-built Gnome-speech for Dectalk support.  I didn't think to check
it because I thought it was a permanent setting.  Since Gnopernicus is a
screen reader, and it requires that setting to be enabled, shouldn't it do
that automatically when it starts?

Anyway, I was able to explore the menus and run the dictionary, although
reading the definitions was a bit tricky mainly because I am unfamiliar
with how it is laid out.  I then tried to start what I think was Gedit.
Gnome listed it as "text editor" on the menu and Gnopernicus went silent
at that point.  I'll have to try it again to see if it is consistent or
not, but this is a lot farther than I got before.  Thanks for all the help
over the last few days!  One final question, I mainly use Speakup on the
console and when trying to use the commands for Gnopernicus, Speakup was
trying to read the screen.  How do other Speakup users handle this.  I
tried hitting print-screen to disable Speakup, but Speakup wasn't getting
it apparently.  This is with the new version 2.0 CVS.