Re: Starting brltty on edgy ubuntu-powerpc

[quoted lines by Joanmarie Diggs on 2006/09/02 at 18:25 -0400]

>In both cases it's on Ubuntu Edgy:  Live CD on the iMac;
>installed copy on one of my PCs.

It may, then, be a bug in the Linux support for USB->Serial adapters. I don't
have one of those so I can't experiment.

Brltty does set the baud to 0 before setting it to the right value for the
display and starting to get it ready for use. This is the standard Unix way to
reset the modem control lines. The reason I asked about Mac OS X is because we
discovered that it doesn't seem to honour this convention either so brltty's
code has now been modified to ignore this particular error. I suspect,
therefore, that the later revisions of brltty will work for you but that the
one Ubuntu is probalby using won't.

EMail: dave mielke cc | Canada  K2A 1H7   | if you're concerned about Hell.