RE: need help installing orca on ubuntu 5.10?

Hi all

Ben, you need to first configure with './configure --prefix=/usr'
If you don't have root privileges would be for example './configure
--prefix=/home/ben/orca' and you will need to set the PYTHONPATH envirotment
to point to /home/ben/orca/lib/python2.4/site-packages'.
Then you need to make (compile) run 'make'
And then you have to install with 'make install'.

Note that you need a lot of other dependencies to be installed before
configuring Orca. The configure script will inform you of these
dependencies.
Also note that Orca needs GNOME 2.14 or later in order to work properly.
In the Ubuntu 5.10 Breezy I think that GNOME 2.12 is by default, so you
might consider to update to the at least Ubuntu Dapper (6.06) distribution.

See http://live.gnome.org/Orca to get more information about how to install
and setup/use Orca correctly on Ubuntu Dapper Drake.

Regards,

Javier.