Re: installing edgy

Hi,
MICHAEL WEAVER wrote:
Also if I get Orca running with Ubuntu Edgy running as live, when I install it rather than run it as Live, could I set up Dectalk later and run the Orca setup and configure Orca to recognise the Dectalk software synthasiser?

Yes and no. Before you can run orca setup and use the Dectalk you will have to recompile gnome-speech from source in order to get the Dectalk software driver. Ubuntu do to some license issue can not include a Dectalk Software driver for gnome-speech on the live cd and install. So you need to compile it from source first. What I did to solve this issue is get orca setup for festival, used orca to recompile gnome-speech, and then reconfigured orca for dectalk.