Lost Capslock after installing Ubuntu 7.04

I seem to have lost the use of my capslock key in Ubuntu 7.04. It happened after I copied my old home directory from my edgy system off of the thumb drive/USB key that I had backed it up onto. I'd like to fix this as I need the capslock key for Orca. I'm getting an error when I first log in to Gnome/X that I can't read since the screen reader hasn't come up yet. My system is a 1+GHZ Compaq laptop. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Terrence