TOTEM: MPEG2 with subtitles

I'm beta-testing the latest version of Ubuntu Hardy.

I noticed that the Totem player now have plugin's one of which allows you to access MythTV recordings.

This works flawlessly, however my issue with Totem is that in UK, digital TV use MPEG2, with subtitle streams in the video file which can be switched on/off. Totem apparently have the ability to switch on subtitles in the menu, but I assume that this is for SubRip files only. There is no way I can switch on subtitles that's encoded within the MPEG2 file.

I do not know if this is a codec issue or an issue with the player. Before I submit a bug report about this I'll like to know where should I file this as a bug - is it the player or is it a codec issue?

If I remember correctly, in my system GStreamer is using MPEG2 codecs purchased from Fluendo here:

http://www.fluendo.com/products.php?product=plugins