Re: RE: at-spi-registryd and Xephyr

Yes that's true. Only one registry can run at a time.

Ariel

El 28 de sep de 2009, 10:45 a.m., "Quiring, Sam" <Sam Quiring windriver com> escribió:

Mr. Pinheiro,

Thank you for the reply, I am hoping to utilize your
Clutter accessibility work soon.

I rebooted my computer (VMware) and am getting different
results than I initially reported.  When I run my at-spi
client I no longer get any errors.  It reports 15 apps.

When I run my Python app connected to Xephyr, I see this:

(progname:15364): atk-bridge-WARNING **: AT_SPI_REGISTRY was not started at session startup.
(progname:15364): atk-bridge-WARNING **: IOR not set.
(progname:15364): atk-bridge-WARNING **: Could not locate registry

I read the code for atk-bridge.  It prints the above errors
after trying and failing to retrieve an atom, "AT_SPI_IOR"
from the X display.  The app's X display is Xephyr (:1.0).
When at-spi-registryd started during Ubuntu boot, its X
display was the console (:0.0), so the "AT_SPI_IOR" atom
it defined (and that atk-bridge is looking for) is in a
different X display.  This explains the error messages.

So I did pretty much what you suggested,  I started Xephyr

    Xehpyr :1 <stuff>

I define DISPLAY to :1.0 and started at-spi-registryd,
which starts but silently dies.  I think it discovers the
already-running registryd and says "there can be only one"
and dies.  Obviously I could be wrong here.

So I killed the running at-spi-registryd, started xephyr,
set DISPLAY to :1.0, started at-spi-registryd, and finally
started the app.  Then ran my at-spi client.  This works.

Am I correct that you can only have one at-spi-registryd
running?

-Sam

-----Original Message----- From: Piñeiro [mailto:apinheiro igalia com] Sent: Monday, September 28,...