Re: [orca-list] Require poppler API to get pdf content in text format

leena chourey <leenagour gmail com> wrote:
> I am working on evince document viewer, and as explored, evince uses poppler
> lib to render pdf document. Is there any Poppler API that can directly give
> the document content in text format in place of bitmap?

I don't know, but have a look at what pdftotext uses.

It still won't give you the structure tree from a tagged PDF file,
unfortunately.

The GNU PDF project is planning to implement the full ISO standard, so they
may provide support for the accessibility-related features; I think there is
scope for contributions to this effort.