Building the Java-atk-wrapper on Ubuntu

Hi,

As the subject suggests I'm attempting to build the JAW on Ubuntu 11.10.

But the ./configure gives me the following error output

configure: error: Package requirements (
    atk >= 1.17.0
    glib-2.0
    gthread-2.0
    gmodule-2.0
    gdk-2.0
    gconf-2.0
) were not met:

No package 'gdk-2.0' found
No package 'gconf-2.0' found

I can't install any of these packages using apt.

Is it possible to build the JAW on Ubuntu Oneiric?

Is the JAW being maintained by anyone?  I have the latest version which is 0.30.4.

I know Luke was talking about packaging it up for Ubuntu at some point.

Thanks.
Paul