Guikachu 1.4.0: "Lost Ones" released

Guikachu is the premiere solution for creating PalmOS resource files
on UNIX operating systems, and it is also available as Free Software,
as defined by the GNU GPL. "Resources" are data statically linked into
PalmOS applications, and contain information about user-visible things
like strings, windows, and menu structures. Guikachu, based on the
GNOME 1.4 libraries, makes it possible to visually edit these files in
an easy-to-use WYSIWYG way, under the popular GNOME desktop environment.

Guikachu is available for immediate download at
	 http://cactus.rulez.org/projects/guikachu

We are proud to offer version 1.4, our new production-quality release,
with several new features, including the following:

	* RCP importing: edit your legacy PilRC files in Guikachu
	* Totally redesigned the Form Editor internals, resulting in
	  huge speed-up and improvements in responsiveness
	* GnomeVFS integration
	* Throughout undo system
	* Cut & Paste
	* Support for Bitmap resources and widgets
	* New translations: Portuguese, Serbian, Czech, Dutch, Irish,
	  Ukrainian, Macedonian, Malaysian, and for added fun value:
	  British and Canadian English
	* And, of course, lots of bug fixes and miscellaneous small
	  usability improvements

Learning Guikachu is easy with the included documentation, a complete
example application, and a web-based feature guide at
<http://cactus.rulez.org/projects/guikachu/tour>. To lower the barrier
of entry even further, Guikachu is translated to more than twenty
languages by volunteers from all over the globe.

Now that Guikachu 1.4 is out, we'll discuss our future road-map on the
Guikachu mailing list, open to participation to anyone at
http://lists.sourceforge.net/mailman/listinfo/guikachu-main

Guikachu is created by Gergő Érdi, with contributions from Nathan
Kurz, Jay Bloodworth, and Christopher Keith Fairbairn. The Guikachu
artwork was done by Basilico Briceno. Source code includes code
snippets by Martin Schulze. Widget icons are taken from the excellent
UI editor Glade, by Damon Chaplin. Special thanks to Murray Cumming
and Daniel Elstner for their C++ hints every now and then, to Roger So
for providing Debian packages of Guikachu, and to all our translators
who made our application easier to use for non-English speakers.

--
   .--= ULLA! =---------------------.   `We are not here to give users what
   \     http://cactus.rulez.org     \   they want'  -- RMS, at GUADEC 2001