Re: Gnome Box feuture request

On Sun, Aug 31, 2014 at 7:37 PM, Bijan Binaee <bijan binaee com> wrote:
Hi Zeeshan

Hi Bijan,

CC'ing Boxes list, I hope you don't mind.

i run gnome box on my PC for a while and it works perfectly

Glad to hear.

but after use windows for a long time i need more space to install more
giand software like autocad and ...
i have free space on other disk (rather than root) but i wonder how can i
use them inside box?
is there any option that i can use?

well, what you can do is to use symlinks. Boxes keeps images under
~/.local/share/gnome-boxes/images/ . So you move this directory into
whichever partition you need to and make
~/.local/share/gnome-boxes/images/ a symlink to that directory. Please
ensure that Boxes (or any libvirt using app) is not running when you
do this and also that libvirt is not running as normal user (the one
running as root user doesn't matter). Once done, you should be able to
expand the VM disk capacity from Boxes.

Hope this helps.

--
Regards,