Re: Various Questions About Boxes

On Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 5:04 PM, Lasse Schuirmann
<lasse schuirmann gmail com> wrote:
Forget CCing the list every time...

Am 17.09.2014 18:57 schrieb "Gerald Nunn" <gerald b nunn gmail com>:

I've switched to gnome-boxes from virtualbox in order to learn more about
qemu/kvm and have some specific questions about Boxes as follows. Note I'm
using boxes on Arch with gnome 3.12

Great. Then youll geht 3.14 soon.

a. When I imported my Windows VM from VirtualBox, it saved the image as
"boxes-unknown", is there a way to change the name to something more
obvious?

In the properties you should be able to just click on the name and then
change it. In 3.14 you will be able to click the top bar and do it there if
zeenix didn't change it again.

Thats the way to change the title of the box. Gerald was talking about
the name of the underlying disk image. The answer is no, Boxes doesn't
provide any means to do that and it really shouldn't as thats a detail
that you (as user) should not need be exposed to.

Currently the only valid use case (actually its work around) for
looking into that image is to be able to export the image as we
currently don't have means to export it for you in the UI. Still, you
shouldn't need to care about its name as you can name the destination
image anything you like when you copy it somewhere.

--
Regards,

Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)
Befriend GNOME: http://www.gnome.org/friends/