Re: Querying oaf of the interfaces a component implements ?

Martin Baulig <martin home-of-linux org> writes:

> Hi,
>
> is there any way to ask OAF which interfaces some components
> implement (if you have the OAFIID) without activating the
> component ?

Yes. Do a query for "iid = 'OAFIID:foo:bar'" and you will get back an
OAF_ServerInfoList, which is an array of OAF_ServerInfo. OAF has some
calls to get at the values in a ServerInfo struct. Of course, the
accuracy of this information depends on the component author filling
out the repo_ids attribute accurately and including all the interfaces
the component implements. I've seen cases out there where this is not
done (for example the oafinfo files for a number of Evolution shell
components are missing at least "IDL:Bonobo/Unknown:1.0").

 - Maciej