Re: service stereotype thingies

Hi Maciej,

> > btw i don't like the term service, too. We should think about sth.
> > better (stereotype?).

> I don't like the terms "stereotype" or "service" ("stereotype" is
> better because it's less likely to be confused with other things.

Oh no! Please not "stereotype"! A stereotype is the term used for meta
types in UML. "interface" for example is a stereotype, "structure" and
"exception" too, as "enum" is and, finally OpenOffice's "service" is a
stereotype" as well.

The thing which's name you don't like, specifies a certain service
implementation promise to offer. I really don't see, why you don't like
the term. BTW: We have several interfaces which deal with services, I
think it would be stupid to change those (of cause they have "service" in
their identifier) just because somebody does not like the name. If we
merge BONOBO and OpenOffice API, we will have hard times to explain to
those developers who have existing code on our API, anyway. I don't see
any logical reason to make transition even harder.

	Michael