Re:

> > Hi Tigert!
> >
> > Just for your information: If you set BONOBO_PLUGIN_PATH to the directory
> > containing your plugins, you don't have to make those symlinks. A simple
> > grep on bonobo sources for PLUGIN_DIR reveals this little piece of
> > information...
> >
> > For gnome-vfs, it is GNOME_VFS_MODULE_PATH (as can be seen in
> > gnome-vfs-method.c.
>
> Wow! :) Thanks for the information!
>
> I guess the Right Way for bonobo and gnome-vfs would be to first look if
> GNOME_PATH is set, as it is likely some GNOME stuff installed in
> GNOME_PATH might be of interest to bonobo and vfs as well..
>
> > That still doesn't solve the problems of threads and ORBit not being
> > thread safe, though... I'll keep you updated.
>
> Yeah. I appreciate your work on this, thank you for the help :)
>
> It was fun to be at LinuxTag, I hope to be around next year as well.

Do you accept patches that make bonobo/gnome-vfs look in
GNOME_PATH/some/dir for their modules, too (instead of using their own
environment variables)?

Lutz

                                                        \|||/
| Lutz Müller            +49 (7156) 34837        +---ooO-(_)-Ooo---+
| Hans-Sachs-Straße 5                                              |
| 71254 Ditzingen        http://www.uni-karlsruhe.de/~Lutz.Mueller |
| Germany                urc8 rz uni-karlsruhe de                  |