Re: Running OAF 0.6.5 test programs

Michael Meeks <michael ximian com> wrote:

}
} Hi Patrick,
}
} On Sun, 22 Jul 2001, Patrick Hartling wrote:
} > Okay, that did it.  I could have sworn I tried that, but I guess not.
} > Thanks very much.
}
}         You have to go through these convolutions, because it is unwise
} for us to leave totaly broken oaf fragments in the global database to my
} mind - ie. infinite activation loops etc. You just have to manualy install
} them to make check [ sadly ]. We could probably make a 'test' shell script
} that would do the neccessary oaf-slay, and a temporary install, if you're
} interested that is ?

A shell script sounds good, but it might just be that I missed some
documentation.  The output that told me to install broken.oafinfo was
very helpful.  I had expected to see a short README in the test directory
saying what to run and what to expect from the tests.  What may have been
my biggest problem was that I attacked this blindly because I thought "I
can just run the tests and feel sure that OAF is working."  There was
little preparation on my part to make sure I knew how to run them.

 -Patrick

Patrick L. Hartling			| Research Assistant, VRAC
patrick 137 org				| 2624 Howe Hall -- (515)294-4916
http://www.137.org/patrick/		| http://www.vrac.iastate.edu/