Re: documentation, deprecated interfaces

  About this:

bonobo:supported_mime_types |
stringv  |
a list of mime types this component understands as input. In addition to
specific mime types, it is possible to include supertypes (e.g.
"image/*" or "text/*") or "*/*" to indicate the component can display
any mime type. Specifying "*/*" is only necessary if
"supported_uri_schemes" is not specified, otherwise it is assumed. This
only really makes sense if the component implements one of the following
interfaces: Bonobo::PersistStream, Bonobo::ProgressiveDataSink,
Nautilus::View.

  However, looking at
include/libbonobo-2.0/bonobo/bonobo-persist-stream.h, it has:
	#ifndef BONOBO_DISABLE_DEPRECATED

  Why is this interface deprecated?  And I can't seem to find an
implementation for Bonobo::ProgressiveDataSink. For all deprecated
interfaces there should be a note (in the C header file or IDL) saying
which interface should be used instead.

  People not looking for flames might want to skip this part :)

<rant>

  Given the lack of examples of component programming (EOG is the only
one I know of, but it seems to use all sorts of deprecated interfaces),
at least some documentation. I'm afraid to look at the bonobo docs
because they are for the gnome 1.x platform and I might accidentally
start using some feature that is deprecated in gnome 2.x.

  Please, more documentation is still required! I am very excited about
bonobo (just tried adding an image to my app by activating
"file:/tmp/foo.jpg", and it works!:) but it is very hard to learn
anything this way. I would write some docs myself, but obviously it I
need to read them, I can't write them.

  Anyway, nice work Mathieu, I hope more bonobo gurus follow your
example.

</rant>

--
Gustavo Joćo Alves Marques Carneiro