Re: gda-builder and gda-mgr

Brian Jepson wrote:

> I know that the GDA builder and manager are works-in-progress, but I
> thought I'd say a little bit about them in the chapter.  Is there any
> place I can find a roadmap for these tools? I found this much, from the
> README:
>
> * gda-mgr -> global configuration utility. It will help you managing
>   system-wide  configuration

There is no roadmap, sorry. We were talking about this last week, about
providing a shared lib for each provider which will implement a custom
widget providing the GUI for database administration. Although Michael
Lausch (the creator of the project) has suggested to implement them as
bonobo objects, but I don't know if this will fit Murray's needs (Murray
wanted to do the ODBC part of this tool to be integrated with both
gnome-db and the unixODBC project).

There will also be a  part in the gda-manager for GNOME-DB system-wide
configuration (that is, system-wide data sources and providers).