gda-mgr

hola,

as I mailed to Rodrigo I still have some thoughts about gda-mgr in my
mind.

based on the tree structure there should be two kinds of widgets (common
inter-
face stored in a shared lib). one should be able to configure the
provider
(edit tnsnames.ora or edit odbc.ini or whatever is to be configured).
and the
other widget should configure the datasources. this second widget should
access the provider config file to show available datasources as choice
define gda-data-sources.

I still have no idea how to get the information how a provider should be
configured ( the assignment from gda-server to the name of the shared
lib,
wich contains the widgets ). any suggestions?

and another point to think about: the configuration of gda-servers
shouldn't
be provided by gda-mgr ( it's shown as it is today ). this configuration
will
be installed, when the provider is installed and can only changed by
root
(should be so).

waiting for discussions

Stephan

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."
                                                        John Lennon