Re: roadmap for 0.0.92

Damon Chaplin wrote:

> Rodrigo Moya wrote:
>
> > * GDA Builder: I'm not sure if this will go in the next release, since
> > it depends on the (non-existent yet) glade component. Also, here goes
> > the gda-buildserver script, which will be taken by Brian Jepson AFAIK.
>
> The next thing I want to do with Glade after adding support for the
> gnome-db widgets is add a simple Corba interface so apps can use it as
> a form designer.
>
> So if anyone wants to propose a Glade IDL that would be useful
> (as I'm not a Corba expert yet).

Well, what exactly we want here? just a form designer, or an IDL
interface to cover almost all of glade features (generating source tree
for the project, create/save/remove projects...)?

For what we want for gnome-db, just a form designer will do the job, so
I think for this the best way to do it is a bonobo component (maybe an
IDL interface extending GnomeComponent with extra methods for saving,
app just has to code a GnomeContainer and include in it the glade bonobo
component. We are now studying bonobo here at gnome-db, so as soon as
we've go something we'll share what we've learnt.

If you prefer the first solution (a complete Glade IDL interface), I'll
be glad in helping you in setting up all the ORBit stuff (IDL,
functions, etc...).

cheers