Re: [gnome-db]Installing gnome-db

On 07 Feb 2001 20:14:55 -0800, Bill Barnes wrote:
> Running debian 2.2 potato.
>
> apt-get lines include your instructions from the
> download page.
>
> Please tell me I am missing something in trying to
> make this installation.  Resolving all the
> dependencies is bloody painful and I despair of ever
> reaching the end.
>
> Even tried doing the Ximian update thinking it would
> install the latest stuff.  It fails on gimp1.2.
>
> gimp1.2 fails on libc6, libgimp1.2, etc, etc, etc.

it seems to me you have some missing packages due because, maybe, an incomplete

sources.list file. I'm attaching my sources.list to see if it helps.

cheers
# See sources.list(5) for more information, especialy
# Remember that you can only use http, ftp or file URIs
# CDROMs are managed through the apt-cdrom tool.

deb ftp://ftp.fr.debian.org/debian unstable main contrib non-free
deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US stable/non-US main contrib non-free

# HelixCode
deb http://spidermonkey.ximian.com/distributions/debian unstable main
deb http://spidermonkey.ximian.com/evolution/distributions/Debian ./
deb http://spidermonkey.ximian.com/evolution-snapshots/distributions/Debian woody main

# Galeon
deb ftp://galeon.sourceforge.net/pub/galeon/nightly/debian galeon/