Re: [gnome-db]gnome-db web

On 29 Jan 2001 23:24:11 +0100, Jorge Ferrer Zarzuela wrote:
> Hi,
> On 29 Jan 2001, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> >
> > I'd vote for a simpler method, such as a simple XML file, or similar.
> > Putting a database, or a complete newslog sounds too much for me, for
> > only tens of news.
> >

> I completely agree with you (I just wanted to explore the posibilities).
> I'll try to learn about php-xml so that I can make adding news is as easy
> as posible.

yes, that's the same I thought. And maybe later if we think we need a
bigger system, we'll change it,
but for a start, I think it's enough to have a XML file.

> > > - Integrate with GNOME Office
> >
> > need definition of GNOME Office Bonobo interfaces, so not much can be
> > done
> >

> Then I'll remove it from the list

no, leave it please, it's a reminder :)

> > > - Add Perl (and Pascal, etc) bindings
> >
> > perl and pascal bindings just started, nothing working
> >
> > > - Finish LDAP and Interbase providers
> >
> > that is, finish them
> >
> > > - Add more providers: mSQL, Informix, dBase, GNU SQL Server, etc
> >
> > the same, add new providers :)
> >
> > > - Implement an IDE based on Glade
> >
> > nothing can be done until Glade's internals are exported through
> > CORBA/Bonobo
> >
> > > - Write a complete user guide
> > >

> > that would be great to have!
> >

> > > That's a very good idea to keep a consistent look through the pages. I'll
> > > try to add those functions to the stats pages too (are they in CVS?).
> > >

> > yes, in the gnome-db/www/include directory.
> >
> I meant the stats pages. I haven't found them in CVS. I suppose this is
> because they are part of the webalizer package.

ah! no, that's not on CVS. But webalizer allows the customization of the
pages, so it could be added to CVS, and the copied to the correct place
when the rest of the web is generated.

cheers