RE: [gnome-db] unixODBC Driver Manager now supported with DB2Universal Database

On Mon, 2002-12-09 at 11:20, Daniel Morgan wrote:
> Where is this gODBCConfig tool?

it is part of unixODBC sources. In debian, it is the godbcconfig
package.

>  Is it for gtk 1.x?

yes

>    If there is no gtk 2.0
> version, can we port it to gtk 2.0?

I'm sure the unixODBC developers will love to have it ported, so the
best thing would be to contact them about it.

>   I looked on the www.unixodbc.org and
> www.iodbc.org web sites and I couldn't find it.
>
> I believe you said the gODBCConfig tools is like the ODBC Sources wizard
> found on Windows.  This is what I want to use.

yes, it is really similar (if not identical). Look at
http://primates.ximian.com/~rodrigo/godbcconfig.png

> Is it in cvs?

it is part, last time I looked, of the unixODBC sources.

> The odbcinst tool looks hard to use.  When i think of this tool, i envision
> a medievial device used to torture poor souls...   Ok.  Its not that bad...

:-) then, you really need gODBCConfig :-)

cheers