Re: [gnome-db] gda-report-document

* [ Santi Camps <santicamps wanadoo es>
* Wed, 30 Oct 2002 18:29:08 +0100 ]
> I'm not familiarized with XML Schema, I think that they are an
> evolution of DTD, but that's all I know.  If this is true, it could be
> better use XML Schema.

http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-1/ and -2

Yes, they are an evolution of DTDs, extending them to allow, not only
defining entities, but their validation criteria and also data types.

As i said in my previous mail, if libxml2 supports schemas, it would
allow as to save some coding to validate data.

But, well, if not, we can just use a DTD and validate the data by
ourselves :-)

-Gonzalo

--
Gonzalo Paniagua Javier <gonzalo gnome-db org>
http://www.gnome-db.org/~gonzalo/