[Fwd: Re: [gnome-db] mergeant help]

#$#$%^$ Gnome lists....

-----Forwarded Message-----
From: Jack Coates <jack lyris com>
To: Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org>
Subject: Re: [gnome-db] mergeant help
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 10:14:40 -0700

On Wed, 2003-10-15 at 09:57, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-10-15 at 18:46, Jack Coates wrote:
> > > install the mergeant 0.12.1 RPM.
> >
> > okay system is now like so:
> > libgda 1.0.1 is in /usr/local
> > libgnome-db 1.0.1 is in /usr/local
> > the .so's are symlinked into /usr/lib
> > mergeant-0.12.1-2mdk is installed
> >
> > mergeant runs, connect brings up the right connectoid, but then nothing
> > happens.
> >
> > Data source properties:
> > Provider PostgreSQL
> > Connection string: DSN=DATABASE=lmdatabase;HOST=127.0.0.1;PORT=5432
> > descrip, username, password all ok.
> >
> can you try using HOSTADDR instead of HOST?
>
> cheers

no change; I also verified that pg_hba.conf will allow loopback IP
connections.

okay, Ethereal on the loopback to the rescue. mergeant passes the
database user as the database name, which earns: FATAL:  Database
"lmuser" does not exist in the system catalog.
--
Jack Coates, Lyris Technologies Applications Engineer
510-549-4350 x148, jack lyris com