Re: [gnome-db] gnome-database-properties

On Mon, 2004-11-08 at 05:55 -0600, Daniel Espinosa wrote:
>  --- Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org> escribió:
> > On Thu, 2004-11-04 at 09:28 +0100, Vivien Malerba
> > wrote:
> > > On Wed, 3 Nov 2004 18:14:36 -0600 (CST), Daniel
> > Espinosa

> > Malerba
> > unused
> > to test

> > program
> > connections

> > simplify
> > possible.

> > to view
> > abiword

> > Probably, the
> > > [...]
> > where the
> > peaple

> > sustituted by
> > exist a
> > thing
> > > >

> > > Right, then I'll modify the widget to:
> > > -> add a "test connection" button which allows to
> > see if a connection
> > > can be opened, which will display a Yes/No answer
> > > -> add a "browse database" button which will
> > either display the
> > > database structures, or run mergeant. What do you
> > prefer?
> > >
> > > Does it sound ok?
> > >
> > yes, sounds good
> > --
> > Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org>
> >

> In my case I prefer a "test connection", a "browse
> database" and a "manage a database" (the last one can
> be desactivate in the case of mergeant isn't installed).

the 'Manage database' part is too much feature for this small tool, so I
would just have Test and Browse available in gonme-database-properties.
Anything else should be done via mergeant or any other specialized
application
--
Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org>