[gnome-db] Problem with MySQL provider

Hi...

First, hello to wveryone, I'm new to the list.

And now the bad things ;).
I an just trying to use gda-browser to connect to a mysql server, and
I just get an error on startup about the syntax of 'where Variable_name = ...'
thing. I will reproduce it from  mysql (well, really mariadb) cli client:

werewolf:~> mysql --host=xxxxx --user=magallon --password=xxxxx magallon
Welcome to the MariaDB monitor.  Commands end with ; or \g.
Your MySQL connection id is 891633
Server version: 4.1.7-log

Copyright (c) 2000, 2011, Oracle and/or its affiliates.
2009-2011 Monty Program Ab

This software comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY. This is free software,
and you are welcome to modify and redistribute it under the GPL license

Type 'help;' or '\h' for help. Type '\c' to clear the current input statement.

MySQL [magallon]> show variables where Variable_name='lower_case_table_names';
ERROR 1064 (42000): You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'where Variable_name='lower_case_table_names'' at line 1

This is the error I get from gda-browser-5.0 on connection.

It looks like the sorrect syntax is something like:

MySQL [magallon]> show variables like 'lower_case_table_names';
| Variable_name          | Value |
| lower_case_table_names | 0     |
1 row in set (0.06 sec)

Is this really a bug ? Is mysql 4.1 too old for gda ?

TIA

--
J.A. Magallon <jamagallon()ono!com>        \               Winter is coming...