Re: Spatial nautilus - fantastic - but what about the rest?

On Sun, 2004-05-16 at 16:31 +0100, Martin Ebourne wrote:
> On Sat, 2004-05-15 at 20:26, George Farris wrote:

> > 100% of the support staff at our College operate with full screen word
> > processing, spread sheet etc.  Dragging an icon to save it would be a
> > terrible thing.  There just isn't enough desktop space to support this,
> > the way I envision your concept working.
>
> I have to disagree on this point. You should be able to drag the file
> icon from the save box to the relevant nautilus window on the gnome task
> bar. This doesn't take up any more space than the current solution, and
> is very natural and quick.
>
> A few people have said elsewhere that they don't think this system will
> be workable on low resolution screens, but I have personally used this

But what if the window selector is used instead of the window list?
Personally I would recommend this for low resolutions as it leaves far
more room on the panel for other things.  There is then no nautilus
window in the task bar unless you spring load the window selector, which
may be too much like spring loaded folders for apples liking.

David

--
Make your website SCREEM - Site Creating & Editing EnvironMent

Mail: david screem org