Re: REQUEST: Name change for Anjuta 2

> > Ok, count me in on wanting to help out.  I've been looking at the
> > codebase for some time now, mosty in modules like gnome-build.  It all
> > seems very easy to navigate so I'm guessing I can become useful fast.
> > First thing is to get the name change in.  As I said, once Scaffold or
> > whatever is approved I would be willing to go in and do the grunt work.
> > It would give me even more inisight into the codebase.  After that I
> > would like to fix the crash on exit bug being caused by the project
> > manager in gnome-build that I filed a bug report on.  There are a host
> > of other features I would like to work on but I'll take it one step at a
> > time :-)
>
> Cool, we could use some more developers :)
>
> About that bug, are you sure it isn't related to the terminal plugin? Do
> you have loaded? There's a bug where the vte reaper reaps things it
> shouldn't, which causes anjuta2 to crash on exit iirc.

Nope.  I traced it with ddd to the point where the project manager was
being unreffed.  Basicly the cast to AnjutaTool fails and then Anjuta
(or Scaffold ;-) crashes on the unref.  This leads me to belive that the
object was freed somewhere and we are calling a method on an object that
doesn't exist anymore.   I don't even use the vte plugin anymore.  One
day it didn't show up as an option and since I never used it much I
didn't think anything of it.

> I just found out that somebody created a "scaffold" project page on
> sourceforge september 2002. (sf.net/projects/scaffold) But no files have
> been released or anything (it hasn't even got a homepage). I've mail the
> maintainer anyway asking if we can use the name. We'll see what he
> replies with.
Hehe, open source's version of due diligence.  Well it spiked with 2 page hits on the 24th.
I think we can declare the sourceforge project dead.    I would say if you don't hear back
from him then the name would be fine.

--
J5