tex, jadetex & RH

For those of you who have experienced problems with using TeX, and
JadeTeX in concert with SGML on Red Hat 6.0 systems it looks like we
have tracked down all of the bugs and have new versions to try out.

The big problem was an rpm error which is addressed on the Red Hat
Errata page:

http://www.redhat.com/corp/support/errata/rh60-errata-general.html

Please go there and update your rpm package. Once that is accomplished
you should reinstall your TeX packages from your CD or the web. This
should fix the majority of the problems.

There is also a new JadeTeX available which you can try out as it
fixes smaller bugs. This was built this weekend and I give no
guarantees as to its stability. I put it on the labs page for easy
access, it should be easing its way into another DocBook Tools release
soon.

http://www.labs.redhat.com/sgml

Thanks for everyone who pointed out problems to me I think you will be
much happier with the fixes made.

Cheers,

Dave

--