Re: gnome-terminal documentation

> At least one person who has hacked gnome-terminal didn't know that
> that help page exists, which might explain why one option is documented
> as one thing but now does something different :) It needs redoing, I
> think.
>
> I'd like to have a go at this.

Oh my!  Telsa, this is a great offer!

> I have been told that parts of gnome-terminal are going to be
> rewritten

Mhm, not that I know of.  The only major change is adding dingus-like
capabilities (for clicking on urls, and getting netscape to load it
automatically).

> anyway, but in the meantime, is it alright if I have a go at making
> something a bit easier to read for new users, which bears more resemblance
> to what actually happens if you use various options, and has fewer
> unnecessarily complicated bits? Is anyon doing this already? If not,
> I shall try.

Nobody is doing something like this, and I would love if you could
help us.

> And at some stage I shall get stuck and need to check with people who
> actually understand that code stuff whether my understanding of things
> is actually right. Is there anyone familiar with gnome-terminal who is
> willing to put up with a few questions if I need to ask?

I am willing to answer any question you might have about Gnome
Terminal.

Best wishes,
Miguel.