Re: my first valid document

On Tue, 11 Apr 2000, Aaron Weber wrote:

> I apologize if this is a re-post.
>
> I humbly ask you to point your browsers to
> http://primates.helixcode.com/~aaron/
>
> notes--- there's a lot of other stuff wrong with it.  please point it
> out to me, as I'm apt to ignore it.  I do know that the version numbers
> are wrong and I've no screenshots yet.

1) The license is the wrong one.  You should use the FDL license contained
within the application template at: http://www.gnome.org/gdp/templates.html
or in gnome-docu/gdp/templates in CVS.

2) You should adhere to the GDP Application Template.  So, the feedback
section should be at the end in the Authors section.

3) In the section "What is GTimeTracker?" I don't think there needs to a
comma in the second sentence.

4) In the section "What is GTimeTracker?" I do not think the comma is
necessary after the article "and." Also you say, "decide if you are
spending too much time on spending too much time on unimportant tasks."  I
think you should cut out "on spending too much time."

5) In the section "What is GTimeTracker?" the words "command line" should
only be one word.

6) In the section "Usage" you should not have markup in the titles.  This
pertains to all documentation for the GDP.

7) In the section "Usage" the comma is unnecessary before "and" in the
first sentence.

8) In the section "Usage" in the second paragraph you say, "and it turns
into an hour's distraction."  Hour shouldn't have an apostrophe because
distraction is not possessive of hour.

9) In the section "Usage" you don't need commas between "be sure to turn
off the timer."

10) In the section "Usage" in the third paragraph you need a period after
the last sentence.

11) You use <xref>s throughout the whole document.  These should be
changed to <link>s.

12) In the section "Usage" in the bottom half of the fourth paragraph
there should be a comma between "and" and "between."  You also don't need
the two commas in the last sentence of that paragraph.

13) In the section "Menus" in the "Paste" item there needs to be a comma
after "or", no before it.

14) In the section "Menus" under the "Properties..." item you might want a
link pointing to the section that explains the Properties Dialog.

Hope these comments help.  There will be more coming as I have to go to
band now.  I'll write more when I get back.  It looks well written and
well thought out.

Best Regards,
Eric Baudais