Re: "About" (Re: gcalc docs (unfinished))

On 27 Apr 2000, Karl EICHWALDER wrote:

> Dan Mueth <d-mueth@uchicago.edu> writes:
>
> > 1) I would use "GNOME Calculator" for the application name.  This is
> > what it calls itself in the About dialog (and also in the window
> > title).
>
> An aside:  Does "About" sound good to your American/British ears?
> Telsa?  For the German translations we aggred to use "Info..." as the
> menue entry to call the so called About box.

No.  It sounds strange(IMO).  I guess we are all used to seeing this used
so much we don't notice anymore.  It has become a standard though, so it
is better to follow it, from a UI perspective. The good point is it is
sufficiently unusual that nobody would consider using "About" anywhere
else in their program.  "Info" is a more general and useful term, so maybe
it is nice that this term is not used up already?

Dan