Re: suggestion for legalnotice

On Fri, 4 Aug 2000, Aaron Weber wrote:

> hey all...
>
> Idea:
> maybe the legalnotice could refer to the license of the documentation
> and the software?
>
> "this document is released under the FDL.... the software it describes
> is available under the GPL"
>
> what say ye?

I was under the impression that the tag was only meant to describe the
document it is in.

Generally when the document is rendered(for example in HTML), the
copyright is linked to the legalnotice.  The document is copyrighted by
the document authors, not the application authors.  So, it makes sense
that the legalnotice applies to the authors and not the application
authors.  Right now we include a separate section at the end of the
document stating who the authors of the application itself are and what
its license is.

I don't see any clear way of using the legalnotice to have both licenses
in it.

Dan