Re: chapters

Ali Abdin <aliabdin@aucegypt.edu> writes:

> Well - you see, I don't want to go ahead and add a whole shit-load of code
> only to find out that <chapter> behaves differently than <sect1>.

I don't know what you want to hear ;)  A chapter is a chapter is a
chapter and a section is a section is a section.

    <chapter> != <sect1>

> So what I would like to know is - why is <chapter> used? When you come to
> write a doc, why would you pick <chapter> instead of <sect1>?

Ask the DTD writers...  If you're wrinting a `book' using the DocBook
DTD you have to ;)

> I have a feeling that <chapter's> are 'supposed' to be used in 'Books' right?

If you're using the DOCTYPE `book' the `chapter' sectioning level is
mandatory (I'm posting my last example again):

<!DOCTYPE book PUBLIC "-//GNOME//DTD DocBook Customization V2.0//EN">
<book>
 <bookinfo>

 </bookinfo>

 <chapter>