Re: gtcd and gnome-media

On Fri, Jul 21, 2000 at 10:12:04PM -0500, Erik Jarvi wrote:
> Is gtcd.sgml going to be intergrated back into gnome-apps.sgml? Or
> should it be it's own file?  I was following applet template for Gnome 2.x
> which looked like the closet template. If it's supposed to follow the
> application template, then should each application be removed from
> gnome-apps.sgml? I was posting gtcd.sgml for easier review.
> (smaller file size)

The goal is to have each app have its own help, so in 2.0 there will
be no gnome-apps.sgml, and users guide will be much smaller - it will
only give overview of major things like desktop/panel. Most gnome apps
already have their own help files independent of users-guide; probably
it would be better if gtcd and other gnome-media also follow as soon
as possible. Of course, this requires changing makefiles and linking
of help button - so you need to discuss it with gtcd developers
(authors/maintainers).

Sasha