Re: Dialog Help

On Sun, 11 Jun 2000, Eric Baudais wrote:

> Hi GDP Folks-
>
> Are we going to have specific help for the dialogs that appear for the
> apps and applets?  I would really like to see this implemented.  I'm
> talking about a help button in all the dialogs that are common
> throughout most apps in GNOME.  Some common dialogs that are in most
> apps the "Save As..." dialog, "Open" dialog, "Print" dialog, "Print
> Preview dialog (with gnome-print), "Color Picker" dialog, and others I
> can't think of now.
>
> I think this would benefit the users to have a help page they can go to
> and get help on a certain dialog, if they don't know what to do or what
> a certain option does.  This would be for the whole GNOME desktop, or at
> least for the dialogs that are used in GNOME.
>
> What do you all think about this?  Comments?
>
> Eric Baudais

I thought that we would probably want to document at least the more
complex ones, if not all of them.  In fact, Club and I added a "Widgets"
section to the bottom of the DocTable(in "GNOME Components") quite some
time ago and I put some of these in there.  (I think a few are still
missing, such as the pixmap selector.)  I started documenting the
gnome-print dialogs (Print Preview and Print Setup) recently, but I have
not finished.

If anybody else plans on documenting any of these, contact me - I modified
the templates to produce a "widget template" for these internal GNOME
widgets, but I have not put it on the web page yet.  (because I'm not
completely done with this new template.)

Dan