Re: Users Guide

Alexander Kirillov <kirillov@math.sunysb.edu> writes:

> > jrb and I were discussing this before he went honeymooning - this is
> > the magicdev package which does all the magic mounting and includes a
> > GNOMECC Capplet. The problem is that it *only* works on Linux and we
> > are a *nix project. So do we include it - not? I don't know how to
> > answer this one (nor have I written anything one it...)
>
> What? You do not need to mount AUDIO CD on any UNIX, it has nothing to
> do with magicdev.

What I'm talking about is the Capplet for magicdev. This does more
than just mounting data cds - it allows you to choose what cdplayer to
automatically launch when and audio cd is detected - it allows for
automounting data cds, it allows for GMC to be launched when a data cd
is detected - it allows for .autorun files to be automatically
launched or not.

This is magicdev - this is Linux only

Do I include it in a *nix project?

Dave