Re: gnome-core / panel.hints

> The panel.hints file looks a little bit bad to me.  This hint tell only
> half of the story:
>
>         <Content>You can drag Panels around just like other
>     objects. Just press the middle mouse button
>     (or both buttons together on a 2-button
>     mouse) on the Panel and hold it down while
>     dragging the Panel.</Content>
>
> You'll have to click on special panel regions.  And it definitively
> isn't the same to move a panel or a regular window or an icon around...
> Could a native speaker please jump in and do the needed adjustments?

Yes.  The use of "objects" is definitely ambiguous.  It should say "like
other Panel objects."  Is there a nice (and short, since this hint is
pretty long already) way to say you must click on the Panel and not a
Panel object?  Maybe we should use "... on the end of the Panel ..."?
Or "... on an empty part of the Panel ..."?

>         <Content>When moving Panel objects, you can push
>     other objects by holding down the shift key,
>     swap objects by holding down the Ctrl key,
>     or jump objects by holding down the Alt key.</Content>
>
> I don't understand this hint...

I'm not sure what is confusing about this. Is it the the use of "you can
push..." which may sound weird (slang?) to a non-native English speaker?
Or do we need to emphasize positions: "...swap object positions..." ?

Dan