Re: Automatic Legalese Generator?

On Wed, May 31, 2000 at 02:46:02AM +1000, skud@netizen.com.au wrote:

> And, am I to take it that conversion from docbook to whatever format is
> required happens on the end-user's system?  Seriously?  *boggle*
>
> It would seem to me (uninitiated in the ways of the GDP as I am) that it
> makes sense for the GNOME folks to "compile" the docs and ship them in
> HTML or whatever other format is appropriate, especially since you seem
> to be using modified stylesheets and so on.

Until now, gnome people indeed "compiled" sgml to html and shipped it
this way. However, the plan for 2.0 is, afaik, to use "on the fly"
docbook to html conversion - and why not? jrb wrote (mostly) a
converter that can do it in a fraction of a second - with this, we do
not need any docbook tools on user machine at all, as long as this
converter, which will be a part of nautilus, is installed.

Sasha