Re: Stylesheet Ick

On Fri, 15 Sep 2000, Aaron Weber wrote:

> hey all...
>
> I should have noticed this sooner, really.  But I think i'm using the
> right stylesheet and everything.... I've been concentrating more on
> content than appearance, and therefore have just been proofing by
> looking at printouts of postscript files.
>
> My problem is this: my docs build really ugly.  The "Note", "Important",
> etc. graphics are replaced by a weird X-ed out "missing" graphic.  The
> text of notes and so forth is included about six lines too low, if at
> all... I'm totally baffled.
>
> What did i do wrong?

These cute little icons are GIF's in the stylesheet-images/ subdirectory
of the HTML directory produced by db2html.  (I'm assuming you mean db2html
when you say "build".)  Typically, if you look at your docs in the place
where db2html is run, these links should all be good and your icons come
out correctly.  The most common mistake which gives these X-ed out
"missing" graphic is when the Makefile.am either doesn't install the
stylesheet-images/ directory or else it tries to but assumes these are
PNG's instead of GIF's and so doesn't actually install the images.
ie.  The docs are built correctly but not installed correctly.

Is this what is happening?

Dan