Re: themes for GNOME2 docs

On Wed, Dec 19, 2001 at 10:45:27AM +0000, Pat Costello wrote:

> To sum up, every component of information design, whether textual or visual,
> should play a role in communicating concepts to the user. If a specific
> component does not convey a concept, or part of a concept, then the presence of
> the component only adds to the processing burden for the user, without bringing
> a piece of understanding. Essentially, decorative components reduce
> communication effectiveness.

I agree with Pat here on the usefulness (or lack thereof) of drop
shadows.

I also think we need to keep our eyes on the practical problem - we
will have a limited amount of time to complete our
documentation. GNOME 2 does not yet build in a way that allows much to
be documented, and once it does, we will have to move
quickly. Anything that makes it even a bit more complex to make
screenshots, multiplied by the number we will be making, is a time
sink I don't think we can afford.

Cheers,
--
John Fleck