Fwd: Kernel-doc^2 (gtkdoc)

Various people on this list at times have expressed interest in gtkdoc.
I have been trying to find info on it. I can't find much. What I have
is here, because I keep missing people on IRC. And it gets into the
archives here. And I don't know any more than this, so please don't
email me Hard Questions!

Apparently the major problem is that it's a complete sod to install.
If you can't find a nice rpm/deb of it, you're in for pain. Gnome
apparently has its own little something-doc which is a script by
Michael Zucchi and is in CVS. That is what the kernel folks used
as a basis for 'kernel-doc', which is just a script in perl. The
only feature that it is missing which gtkdoc has is something to
do with classes.

kernel-doc is apparently found in 2.4 (and 2.3 :)) linux kernels
in /linux/scripts.

On the matter of "how to use the thing once it's installed", it's
the same for kernel-doc and gtk-doc, and so here are the instructions
for kernel-doc on the basis that it might be a quick-start for
gtk-doc:

----- Forwarded message from Alan Cox <alan lxorguk ukuu org uk> -----